Adding Fur to Mae the Mouse by Honey Bee Stamps| Video Post

January 13, 2019


Hello everyone, today I'm sharing an extra cute Valentine's day card using Honey Bee Stamp supplies.  I also made an improvised video to show you the card making process. 

To colour the images I used Zigs and Arteza watercolour markers on Arches watercolour paper. 

The beautiful mouse image is from Mae the Mouse stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps , the sentiments are from  Brie Mine stamp set and the die cut fences /gate were made using one of the dies from Fram Fences die set. 

For the card panels, I also used a double stitched square die  and  Stitched Square Scallop dies

The size of this card is a 5 -3/4" x5-3/4" inches.

So I first stamped the mouse from Mae the Mouse stamp set using Antique Linen distress ink to apply an easy no -line watercolour.

I applied a little bit of colour at the edge of the image and I spread the colour towards the centre of the image using a water brush.  If the tip of the water brush gets too inky I clean it to make sure I get very light shades of colour at the centre of the image.

Once you finish applying a few layers of colours I  trace very fine lines with the tip of the watercolour markers to add little hairs or fur... This is very easy to do.

The fur effect looks even better when you use similar shades of colour to trace multiple little and fine lines and I  also like to use a white fine tip Posca marker to add some tiny lines or highlights.


I then used the cloud stencil in Outdoor Scene Builder pack with 4 stencils and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink to easily create a background for this card.


To add colour to the fences. I applied pink, yellow and brown Zigs markers on my glass table ( or glass mat), I spray water over the inks and I dabbed the die cut fences on top so the paper absorbed the mix of colour and as a result, I got a distressed pinky - yellow look on the die cuts.  

I also used Chevron Arrows background stencil to apply Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink and Tea Dye Distress ink over the die cut fences to add extra texture.

To finish,  I  also splattered the fences with a Nuvo shimmer pen and a dark red Nuvo Aqua flow Pen.

I glued down the fences using foam double sided adhesives and I had the idea of  folding the fences die cut to create a  gate. Voila!  
  

Using the  Tim Holtz Stamping Platform I stamped the sentiments ( word by word) using Versafine Onix Ink.  this ink performs nicely on watercolour paper and it is also great to work with waterbased inks as it won't bleed or blend.

I wasn't planning to make a video but I couldn't resist sharing part of the cardmaking process with you. 

I hope you like it ...




That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I  always read your comments and I'm happy to answer if needed.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs